Tuesday, 25 July 2017

Do what also wrong

Your commitment is to the baby 24/7.
You are tired and need help.
Your hormones might not allow you to control your flaring.
All these I understand, and I do what I can to help.

It doesn't help when every single thing I do, I risk setting you off.
It doesn't help when anything I do wrongly gets shouting from you.
It doesn't help when you shout across the hall, I can't tell whether its anger or precaution.

I am one-track minded, I can't stand distractions, I recognize that as a fault in myself.
I can't express myself, everything I say is taken as being defensive.
I am just trying to help you understand me, you take it as I am trying to pin the fault on you.

You shout, you swear, you curse at me.
You accuse me of anything you imagine, ignoring any facts of the things I do for the family.

I take care of you, you take care of baby, in your eyes it works that way.
I do not have expectations of you to do anything to upkeep the home.
I work myself to the bones to keep our finances afloat.
I help out with whatever housework I can find time to do.
I push away social gatherings because I know where my commitment lies.
I answer to your beck and calls at every waking moment, outside of work hours.
You say that I do better than other husbands from the friends you know, but yet you never hesitate to jump on me at the slightest unhappiness you have.

I have no avenue to tell anyone how I feel, you and baby are all I have.
I have zero social interactions; workplace I don't say personal stuff, after work time is 100% back to family.
You have your mummies group, your play dates, your friends and whatever assistance you can have access to.
I don't even have time to chat during work, I don't have friends or family I can talk to about my frustrations.
I haven't seen my family for 2 weeks and I can't say anything happening at home honestly over the phone.
Now all I can do is to vent my frustrations here, because my wife takes any feedback as being defensive.

You can refuse to talk.
You can pretend I don't exist.
You can ignore me and give all the attention to your phone and chats.
Yet when I can't communicate and choose not to talk, you think I am in the wrong.
I really don't know what is an acceptable way of being with you.
I don't know how a relationship built on unequal terms can work.
We entered this marriage based on mutual agreement, why is the expectations that you have all the rights and I have no rights to express the emotions, or even keep quiet?

You say I don't show my love to you enough.
I keep getting hammered when I express myself.
How do you expect me to express anything?
You slam the door close on the heart, nothing will come out, its all part of the package.

I really love you, and I want to support you.
I don't know how long I can keep this up.

No comments: